Monday, December 19, 2005


Saturday was yard sale day. Unfortunately, we didn't get rid of everything, in fact we have enough for another sale. But we made out alright. I went into this very excited about the idea of getting rid of everything and really simplifying out life. We are going to be moving in with friends for a few months to save money and try to figure out what we are supposed to do next. Stay in San Diego? Move away? Go to graduate school? We just don't know. But anyways, getting rid of a lot of stuff will make things easier. On Friday night, my attitude changed. As I looked over everything I was to sell, I felt sad. I like to think I am not materialistic, but I am sentimental. I didn't want to get rid of my couch. Even though, in the past, I had plenty of reasons why I no longer wanted it; it's too small, it's not my style anymore, it's too blue...This was the first piece of furniture Evan and I bought after our wedding. Blue has moved with us 5 times in the last 5 years. I've nursed and napped with Johnny hours and hours on this couch. Sigh. Well, the couch didn't sell. I am going to try again though. Maybe this time on Craigslist. One way or another I have to get rid of it, we just don't have the room where we are moving. At least I'll have a good picture to remember it by.

No comments: