Friday, April 20, 2007

Gray Day

Last night sleep did not come easy and I feel the the last few hours were plagued by a series of really stressful dreams that revolved around me being a terrible parent. I rarely have "sweet dreams". They aren't nightmares, they are just intense, dramatic and when I wake in the morning I have to question whether it was real or not. Although, I was relieved to find it was ALL a dream ( no, I didn't actually leave my son in the car for hours, only to return to find him out of the car wandering around a parking lot) but I also awoke feeling a little ill and with a feverish toddler. Ugh. What a contrast to yesterday; the sun was shining, we explored a wonderful new park, Johnny was happy playing in mud and running through sprinklers. Oh well. Looking at the positive, it is Friday, Johnny is now peacefully sleeping and I think I will join him, hopefullly, dream free.
Happy Weekend!

6 comments:

melissa said...

annie, I am the same way, I either do not have dreams at all, or I have terrible realistic but horrible all the same dreams, that seem to haunt me for at least the first few hours of the day. The other night I woke up actually praying while half asleep because the anxiety due to my dream was so heavy and real. Thank goodness this does not happen every night! Hope your weekend is good!

Mimi said...

Oh yes, I remember those vivid and unsettling pregnancy dreams. Hugs.

Mimi said...

Oh yes, I remember those vivid and unsettling pregnancy dreams. Hugs.

Paul and Kameron Morton said...

I've thought it is weird how much dreams affect our waking life. I don't know why that is. I hope your weekend was much better and maybe a sunny Monday will cheer you up!! :)

Bluecanopy said...

eckh. no fun. my dreams are often overly vivid during pregnancy as well...for good and bad. i've had dreams where i forget to feed my baby for days and others where i watch terrible things happen to my family. they're hard to shake for sure.

hope you had a restful weekend and hope you're feeling better...

Bluecanopy said...

i thought i had posted a comment but it's not here! oh well, here's the gist,

i too have ultra vivid dreams while pregnant...for good or bad. i have forgotten to feed my baby for days and witnessed terrible things happening to my family. they are hard to shake, sometimes they stick with me for days...thankfully, they are only dreams.

hope you had a restful weekend...and hope you're feeling better.